About Rick Bisio | Franchise Coach
Franchise Coach Rick Bisio has been involved with franchising and the business of franchising his entire life utilizing a unique approach that integrates franchising as a subsection of entrepreneurship. Rick was born in Kansas City, the son of a hard working and independently minded father. Naturally, his father owned his own business. Entrepreneurship is what Rick knew growing up and it is the foundation of how he looks at the world. If you want your children to grow up confident in their own abilities, start a business and let them take part. It will give them the confidence to tackle anything in life.
Although Rick had many small businesses in his youth, he founded his first full time business at age 25. He secured the exclusive rights to import a variety of Italian plumbing brands and promptly quit his corporate job at Monsanto. When he started this business, he knew nothing about plumbing products and had no contacts within the United States plumbing industry. This was what you commonly call a ‘boot-strap start-up’. Suffice it to say that he learned a lot.
After selling the business, Rick spent several years both teaching and studying. While studying for his Master’s Degree in International Business in the early 1990’s, he was introduced to the franchise business model. This chance encounter changed his life.
As one of the most respected franchise consultants in the United States, Rick has guided thousands of people to great business decisions regarding business ownership and franchising. Rick has owned both franchised and non franchised businesses. He has bought, sold and invested in businesses and worked as an adviser to others seeking to do the same. Franchise Coach Rick Bisio is a best selling author and a regular speaker on the subject of business ownership and franchising currently living on a small resort island in Florida with his family.
List of Credits for Franchise Coach Rick Bisio
- Author of The Educated Franchisee—3rd Edition. A best selling book focused on creating educated franchise buyers empowered to recognize the right, or wrong, franchise when they see it.
- Co-Author of The Franchisee Workbook. A 2011 publication which takes the guidance found within The Educated Franchise and converts it into a step by step workbook.
- Creator of A Glossary of Franchise Terms. The only comprehensive, professionally produced glossary of all the relevant terms commonly used within the world of franchising.
- Developer of The Franchise Resource Center. A comprehensive website that provides extensive information on franchising in a low pressure, easy to navigate website.
- Developer of the FDD Exchange. Allowing people to view 1000’s of FDD’s for free.
- Developer of the FDD Store. Allowing people to download 1000’s of FDD’s.
- Contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine, Franchise USA, Franchise Gator and other publications.
- Creator of Franchise Focus. A franchise focused PodCast that interviews interesting people in the world of franchising – http://www.blogtalkradio.com/franchisefocus
- Publisher of The Educated Franchisee ‘Insider’. Monthly newsletter on franchising and business education.
- Independent Franchise Consultant since 2002. Consistently recognized as one of the most successful franchise consultants in the United States.
- Former Director of International Franchise Development for AFC Enterprises—Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits, Church’s Chicken, Cinnabon, Seattle’s Best Coffee. Placed these brands in more than 30 countries .
- Former Vice President of Worldwide Franchise Development for Environmental Biotech. Expanded the brand internationally while consolidating ownership domestically.
- Speaker on Franchising at SCORE, Chamber of Commerce, ICSC, IFA, and other venues.
- Manatee County Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors (2007-2016)
- Manatee County Chamber of Commerce – Executive Board (2017)
- Better Business Council – Member (2010 – Current)
- City of Bradenton Beach – Chairman of the Planning and Zoning Board (2002 – 2012)
- City of Bradenton Beach – Chairman of the Charter Review Committee (2010, 2015)
- City of Bradenton Beach – Representative for AMI Urban Land Institute Study (2015)
- Tingley Library – Board of Directors (2004 – 2007)
- Leadership Florida – Graduate (2015 )
- Leadership Manatee – Graduate (2014)
- Thunderbird School of Global Management – MBA (1994)
- Washington University – BSBA (1987)